In order to ensure highest quality while implementing satellite projects and programs, ISS-Reshetnev Company applies the Quality Management System. It was developed and is now maintained in compliance with certain national, regional and industry standards.
ISS-Reshetnev’s Quality Management System is structured and implemented according to fundamental quality management principles outlined in the ISO 9000 family of standards:
- customer focus;
- process approach;
- involvement of employees in decision making and achieving goals;
- system approach to quality management;
- factual approach to decision making;
- continual improvement;
- mutually beneficial supplier relationships.
ISS-Reshetnev Company has approved the Standard Product Assurance Program which is based upon principles mentioned above as well as ECSS standards (The European Cooperation for Space Standardization). This document deals with all activities that are to be carried out to achieve and maintain the required quality of ISS-Reshetnev’s platforms and satellites. It also contains the company’s rules and regulations which have been approved within the framework of its recent communications, broadcasting, geodetic, navigation and data-relay satellite construction projects. The Standard Product Assurance Program presents policies, organization and regulatory compliance of the company’s activities at all stages of satellite and associated products manufacture in the following areas:
- organization of the product assurance system;
- subcontractor product assurance management;
- design and development control;
- reliability, safety and maintainability assurance;
- environmentally resistant product assurance;
- electro-radio components quality assurance program;
- on-board flight software quality assurance;
- materials and production process quality assurance;
- quality assurance at various stages of production and product testing;
- configuration management (requirements and documentation).
ISS-Reshetnev’s specialists always take part in technical design review meetings, ensure that products meet specified requirements at all stages of satellite development and manufacture. ISS-Reshetnev Company carries out audits and inspections of subcontractors’ quality management systems so as to assess the completeness and sufficiency of actions taken to assure product quality.
The Reshetnev Company's Quality Management System is certified in accordance with the national standard GOST R ISO 9001-2011 (a counterpart of the international ISO 9001 standard), registration number: FSS KT 134.01.3.1.000000.99.14, dated December 23, 2014.